“The man was big. I don’t mean tall …but large. Broad shoulders, muscular arms with tattooed tribal cuffs around his wrists and biceps. I’d bet I couldn’t put my two hands around those arms, and thick thighs I wanted to squeeze…and maybe lick.”
That pretty much says “read me”, doesn’t it? I saw hot, alpha, tattooed biker on my goodreads newsfeed, and I didn’t even have to think twice, didn’t read anymore, just knew I had to get my hands on Reaper’s Property by Joanna Wylde. And I’m so glad I did! Whew! What a ride…a yummy, delicious, big, badass HOT ride!
Marie has just left her abusive husband and moved into her stoner brother’s single wide trailer, when 3 badass bikers come to call on her brother. Though she had a purely sexual reaction to one (see above), they also scared the crap out of her. Marie knows nothing about Motorcycle Clubs, not even what MC is. Despite her fear…she couldn’t help her reaction to the big one.
He snagged my hand, leading me to the table. My heart raced with every step. I had no idea what was about to happen, but part of me really wanted him to touch me.
“So why are you called Horse?” “’Cause I’m hung like one,” he replied, smirking.”
They come back for business with her brother a few times…she cooks for them, and gets to know Horse a little better. The electricity between them is hot, there is no denying the pull. But Marie is hesitant. She doesn’t want to be a “property of”, but Horse will do anything he can to get his hands on her. And as much as she doesn’t want that, she just couldn’t resist him physically. But she wasn’t ready to be “his”. But when her brother fucks up, she runs out of options.
“This is your option,” Horse said to me abruptly. “You want to keep dumbass alive, pack a bag and climb on my bike when we leave. You do what I tell you, when I tell you, no questions and no bitching.”
“Why?” I asked blankly.
“So you can cook dessert for me,” he snapped.
“Why the hell do you think?” he said, voice strained. “So I can fuck you.”
As much as she wanted Horse, she wasn’t really given a choice. He was crude, she had no understanding of the 1% MC lifestyle, and really was scared to become “sweet butt” (community pussy).
“Why couldn’t I decide whether I liked him or hated him? How could I go from being angry to horny so incredibly fast? It wasn’t fair.”
But she had no other option.
“This pussy,” he said, fingering me. I moaned in response, ashamed at how easily he made me wet. “This pussy is mine. You are mine. I’ll fuck you when and where I want, and you can either take it or get the fuck out. Are we clear?”
And there was no way he was going to share her, or let her go….and she didn’t want him to.
“I want this,” he said softly, leaning over and kissing me between the shoulder blades. “I need to own you. All of you. Make you scream and realize that you belong to me and I belong to you and nothing else matters. I can’t let you slip away from me, babe.”
“I’m not gonna let you go, Marie. I’m keeping you and I don’t care if I go to hell for doing it. I don’t care about anything but fucking you.”
- Hello???? Big, sexy, tattooed, crude, hot biker that gives multiple orgasms?
- No holds barred look into the MC lifestyle.
- I loved the way the author assumed you know nothing about the outlaw lifestyle, and educated the reader in a natural way.
- There was clearly a lot of good research done on club life.
- Did I mention the big, sexy, tattooed, crude hot biker that gives multiple orgasms?
- A twist that I didn’t see coming at all. I expected something totally different.
- Even a part about a very insignificant character pulled at my heartstrings and made me cry.
- There were lots of funny, fun moments.
- I loved Marie’s inner voice and feistiness.
- The banter between Horse and Marie was sexy and funny
“Fuck, this is gonna piss you off and then you aren’t gonna let me stick my d*ck in you,” he muttered.
“Do you have to be so crude?” I snapped.
“Have you met me?”
“Who says I’d let you do it anyway?”
“Babe,” he replied in a low, rough voice, raising his eyebrow at me.
- The story was told in first person from Marie, with some parts being 3rd person from Horse, it was an interesting way to tell the story, and it worked.
- It felt like a nice, long satisfying read, with a definite end and an epilogue. Yay! No cliffy!
- In the beginning, the book went back and forth in time. I had a little trouble following it and getting into it because of that.
- I’m not a big fan of the cover.
Rating: 4.5 Stars 4.5 Heat
In the beginning of this book, I couldn’t help but compare it to two other MC books that were on my Best of 2012 list. But in the end, Reaper’s Property gained a life of it’s own and I was hooked. Lock, stock and barrel. I’m so glad to see Joanna Wylde will be writing more in the Reapers MC series, because I’d love to read about some of the other characters we read about. If you love the outlaw biker books with hot, sexy, dangerous bad boys, you won’t go wrong with this one!
“Someday,” he whispered softly in my ear. “I don’t want to hurt you. Not until you’re ready for me… But someday I’m going to own all of you, Marie. You’re all mine, babe. Knew it the first time I saw you. Couldn’t give you up if I tried.”
Purchase Reaper’s Property at:
Other Great Biker Books:
More Posts You May Like