This post will be a quick one today. It was a light week for me at Ana’s Attic because I have been working so hard on the Wicked Girls Book Weekend coming up in Orlando next month. What started out as a way to get a few of us who talk all the time on Facebook and twitter to meet Tara Sivec has turned into a full-blown authors weekend with a a damn good portion of my favorite authors!
Holy Crap! I get to meet Tara Sivec, Colleen Hoover, RK Lilley, Katie Ashley, Raine Miller, CC Wood & Katja Millay–they were all on my Top Picks list for 2012! But it’s not just them. We also have Abbi Glines, Jasinda Wilder, Nichole Chase, Rachel Wade, Tiffany King, Sarah Ross and C.A. Kunz. Hotel rooms start at $65, so if you are anywhere drivable, it’ll be worth the trip! Check out the info here:
Wicked Girls Book Weekend Feb 15-18, Orlando, FL
I also read Rock Chick Redemption by Kristen Ashley this week. If you have read any Kristen Ashley, you know what happens…..nothing else! LOL, seriously, when I read her books, I can’t do anything else, just float around in happy KA land. At 679 pages, that’s a whole lot of ignoring the world! My review will be up later today.
Lastly, I was at an all day concert (in the rain with my kids) yesterday, and got to see one of my favorite bands (that still exists) from the front of the stage…yes, slammed up against the stage! So sadly, no reading or blogging got done, but I had an awesome day
Results of last week’s recap, and winner: (I’m starting another blog about being “curvy”, wanting to lose weight and being too lazy to do it!”) Who Shrunk My Pants: 12 Starting On Monday: 14. Now you see why I couldn’t decide? My friends are pretty split as well. But I think I’m gonna go with “Starting on Monday”. Funny thing, I’m not ready to start it yet! LOL
Winner: Dawn K
Blog Posts This Week:
- The Game Changer by J. Sterling Cover Reveal
- Wicked Girls Book Weekend
- The Proposal by Katie Ashley Review and Interview with Emma
- Up To Me by M. Leighton Review (with discussion on FFs-Fictional Fucks)
- The Unfinished Hero Series by Kristen Ashley (A new book, Raid comes out next month!)
- Quick teaser from Rain Miller! From EYES WIDE OPEN, Spring 2013.
(subject to alteration)
This is page 7, starting with the 7th line and 7 lines of writing from my manuscript
Despite the whole mess tonight, he had me in his arms and underneath him, his commanding strength taking charge in the way he’d done with me from the beginning.
Holding me safe.
That night on the street where he’d coaxed me into his car and then later with the phone calls demanding I acknowledge him, were just the start of my understanding of Ethan Blackstone. There was so much more to the man than I ever imagined back then.
I wasn’t going anywhere. I was in love with him.
“I want my cock in you all night long,” he rasped, his blue eyes flashing against the moonlight as he moved.
- Sylvia Day also posted another snippet of Entwined With You. You can find it here.
- On Hottie Hump Day, I decided to share all the photos I found of “Pesh” from Katie Ashley’s The Proposal, that I didn’t use in my review. This guy, Kunal Kapoor, is the #1 hottie in India. John Abraham here, and here WAS the inspiration for Pesh, but I didn’t know at the time. Personally, I liked the gif of him in my review the best.
- We talked about American Idol. I didn’t even watch the second night.
- Beneath This Man, the sequel to This Man by Jodi Ellen Malpas was released. These books have been highly recommended.
- Samantha Towle has announced that she has finished writing Wethering the Storm. I can’t wait to read this sequel to The Mighty Storm (see my review here).
- Review of Rock Chick Redemption by Kristen Ashley
- Review of Inappropriate Thoughts (Victoria Wilde 1) by Ian Dalton
- Review of Rebecca’s Lost Journal Volume 1: The Seduction by Lisa Renee Jones
- Review of Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines
- More freebies, discounts, reader recommendations and who knows what else?
What are you guys reading?
More Posts You May Like